During the past few years, significant
scientific evidence has accumulated to show that nutrition-based strategies are
capable of exerting beneficial effects on the skin. This exceptional reference ?
describes the scientific basis for nutrition-based strategies, ? summarizes the
evidence that functional food for skin really works, and ? addresses key
practical issues regarding the use of nutrition-based strategies in clinical and
cosmetic dermatology. It is anticipated that this helpful guide, written by
acclaimed international experts, will become the gold standard on the role of
nutrition in ensuring healthy skin. It will be of interest to a wide audience,
including dermatologists, food industry staff, patients, and
THE SCIENTIFIC BASIS: Historical Aspects: From Vitamin Deficiencies to
Functional Food for Skin.
- Structure, Function and Nutrition of the skin.
- Skin Aging.
- Skin Cancer.
- Skin Barrier Function.
- FUNCTIONAL FOOD FOR SKIN WORKS: INTERVENTION STUDIES IN HUMANS AND ANIMAL
MODELS: Botanical Antioxidants for Skin Protection: Overview.
- Systemic Photoprotection by Carotenoids.
- Systemic and Topical Use of Green
-Tea Polyphenols for Healthy Skin.
- Flavanoid-Rich Micronutrients.
- Omega-3-Fatty Acids and Skin.
- Probiotics for Healthy and Diseased skin.
- Prebiotic Cosmetics.
- Functional Dairy Products for Healthy Skin.
- Micronutrients for Hair and Nail.
- HOW TO USE FUNCTIONAL FOOD IN CLINICAL DERMATOLOGY:.Legal Aspects: How do
Micronutrients Differ from Drugs and Medical Products.
- How to Prove Efficacy of Nutrition
-Based Intervention Studies for Skin.
- Nutrition-Based Strategies in Clinical Dermatology: What Should I tell My
- Beauty from Inside: Nutrition-Based Strategies in Cosmetic Dermatology.
- Overview About Available Products, Producers and Sources for Further